OUT OF STOCKCONTACT US!
15 in. Three-Way Self-Powered Sound Reinforcement System
The PRX635 is a self-powered, lightweight three-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a broad bandwidth.
- Maximum SPL 135 db peak
- 380 mm (15 in) Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 165mm (6.5 in) horn loaded midrange transducer
- 25.4mm (1 in) polymer diaphragm compression driver
- 1500 Watt (3 x 500 watt) Class-D, Crown® digital amplifier
- DSP input section with dbx® Type IV™ limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and ¼” Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Obsidian DuraFlex™ coated plywood construction
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort
- 8 M10 Suspension points and 1 pullback point
- Integrated 36mm pole mount socket
- This speaker is ideally suited to applications where the program material exhibits subtlety and nuance. Perfectly capable of reproducing high fidelity full range sound without a subwoofer, when coupled with extended low frequencies of the PRX618S-XLF, one experiences complete control over the entire audio spectrum. These cabinets can be stand-mounted but do require a large footprint tri-pod type stand. When pole mounting the PRX635 on a subwoofer we highly recommend a pole no longer than 24” (SS3BK-24 or SS4BK-24) to ensure stability and safety. As with all the full-range PRX600 Series systems two EQ selections can be used to optimize the system for the program material and/or environment. The input section also accommodates either Line or Mic/Instrument level inputs.
- The PRX635 is a self-powered, lightweight three-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a broad bandwidth. The PRX635 is comprised of one 380 mm (15 in) 265F Differential Drive® woofer, a 165 mm (6.5 in) 195H horn-loaded 90° by 50° mid-range and a 2414H 25.4 mm (1 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by a 1500 watt (3 x 500) Audio Class-D power amplifier. A propriety DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
- All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of
1000 lbs. each.
- Special note: The PRX635 should be pole-mounted on a PRX 600 subwoofer using a pole no longer than 24” in length. (SS3-BK24 or SS4-BK24)
|System Type||Self-powered 15″,
three – way, bass – reflex
|Maximum SPL Output||135 dB peak|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||Flat: 41 Hz – 19 kHz
Boost: 40 Hz – 19 kHz
|Frequency Response (±3 dB)||Flat: 53 Hz – 18 kHz
Boost: 50 Hz – 18 kHz
|Coverage Pattern||90º x 50º nominal|
|Amp Design||Crown® Class D|
|Power Rating||1500 W ( 3 x 500 )|
|Dimension (H x W x D)||921 mm x 424 mm x 413 mm ( 36.29 in x 16.71 in x 16.27 in )|
|Net Weight||27.2 kg ( 60 lb )|