Teenage Engineering OP-1, One size
Out of stock
Teenage Engineering OP-1, One size
OP-1 is the all-in-one portable synthesizer, sampler and controller. with additional features like a built-in FM radio and an assignable G-force sensor for motion controlled effects, there is quite nothing like it.
its modular architecture enables endless sound possibilities without making the workflow complicated or distracting.
the compact design and real physical interface makes it inspiring to create music, no matter who you are or how experienced you are.
with ten synthesizer engines, eight high quality effects and multiple routable LFO’s, you’ll never hit the wall when it comes to creativity or finding the right sound for the job. add the unique built-in sequencers on top of that and you’ll understand why so many highly regarded producers and artists hold this little machine so dear.
in controller mode, OP-1 turns in to a full blown MIDI controller, with access to transport (play/stop, rec, rewind and forward, a two octave keyboard with four endless encoders as well as a sound module that can be controlled from virtually any external software.4-tracktape feature
record anything you create with the 4-track tape feature. match the tape speed to the sequencer tempo for some really nice overdubbing. change tapespeed while recording, or record backwards in realtime. switch to the 4 channel mixer and add some punch with the built in EQ and compressor.
finally, create a live mix in album mode on a virtual vinyl.
when you connect OP-1 to a computer using the included USB cable, the OP-1 shows up as a MIDI controller or a storage device. if storage device is selected, just drag and drop audio files between your computer and the OP-1. all 4 tape tracks are available as well as the drum and synthesizer samples. everything ready for you to tweak or add to your DAW. no additional software or drivers required. just plug and play.
upgradeable op os with multiple sound, effects and sequencer engines.
- dr wave – raw 8-bit
- fm – easy to tweak fm synthesis
- pulse – square wave type
- string – physical modeling
- digital – raw digital type
- phase – hase distortion
- cluster – multiple wave cluster
- dna – unique id synthesis
- dsynth – dual oscillator
- dbox – drum synthesis
- future additions of engines will be available with software upgrades
- dedicated instant synth sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- dedicated instant drum sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- automated layout feature in drum sampler.
- instant sampling using the built-in microphone or line in.
- classic adsr type envelope
- dynamic envelope for drum sounds.
- future additions of envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- delay – classic delay type
- phone – hacked phone effect
- punch – adds punch to your sound
- grid – grid based echo
- spring – spring reverb type
- cwo – rhythmic delay
- nitro – dynamic filter
- future additions of effects will be available with software upgrades
- 4 individual tracks with instant solo
- instant variable tape speed
- 6 minutes recording time in normal tape speed.
- up to 24 minutes recording time in low tape speed
- loop function with movable region
- tape tricks for break tape, bits and reverse.
- memo 1 & 2 for instant memorizing effects / eq / pan or levels / tape speed
- reverse recording
- classic tape editing features like lift, split and drop
- lift tape recordings back to sampler for creative sound shaping.
sensors and radio
- 3 axis motion sensor (g-force) assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch.
- built-in fm radio – sample direct from any radio station or record straight to tape.
OP-1 is designed around sound modules that are easy to swap. every ‘building block’ is exchangable which means that you may switch engine but keep envelope, effect and modulator type. over 1 thousand different combinations of engines, effects and modulation are possible.hardware
- 400 MHz processor core (800 MMACSS performance)
- 64 MB low-power SDRAM (12ns)
- 512 MB Nand Flash storage
- 24-bit 96kHz ADC/DAC
- Li-Ion 1800 mAh
- 16 hours active battery life
- 2 years stand-by time
- charge via USB port
- USB 2.0 high speed (OTG)
- 3.5 mm Line Input, Output
- built-in microphone
- high output mini speaker 8 ohm 1 watt
- 3-axis accelerometer (g-force) sensor
- worldwide fm band support (64-108 MHz)
- amoled display running @ 60 fps
- 320 x 160 pixel resolution
- color depth: 16.7 M
- contrast: 10000:1 (good for outdoor use.)
- viewing angle: 170°
- display life time: 30,000 hrs
- low profile keyboard module
- scissor-switch ultra low profile design
- expected lifespan of 10 million keystrokes per key
- industrial grade incremental encoders. rotational life: up to 1,000,000 revolutions. excellent indexing feel (remains consistent over life) zinc diecast and fiber enforced high performance plastic. used in avionics. operating temperature range: -40 to +85°C
- advanced cnc’d one-piece aluminum design.
- 2 X M6 mounting holes for accessories.
- 2 X cuts for strap accessory.
- light grey powder coated body and edm textured keyboard
the durable light grey painted aluminium body gives a solid feel and also works as a protection for the internal components. OP-1 has no visible screws.