Mesa Boogie Combo California Tweed 6V6 4:40 1×12
A Multi-faceted Boutique-style Tweed from Mesa
Inspired by the legendary Tweeds of yore, the Mesa/Boogie California Tweed 6V6 4:40 is a 6V6-loaded amp with Tweed-based performance. And it’s incredibly flexible — its Multi-Watt power amp features Duo-Class and Dyna-Watt technologies, yielding five power, two operating class, and three wiring options. Enjoy a stylistic choice of voicings, thanks to Normal and Low inputs that are easily shaped via a 3-band EQ and Gain, Presence, Reverb, and Master controls. Add incredible dimension to your playing with an all-tube, long-tank spring reverb. Got pedals? No problem — integrating them is a breeze, by virtue of a fully buffered, series tube effects loop. Want to enter boutique territory? Fire up the California Tweed 6V6 4:40, and you will.
Tweed-based performance and authentic 6V6 character
When people say Mesa/Boogie, they naturally think about high-gain amps. There’s a reason for that — the company is legendary in that department. That said, back in the 1960s, Mesa’s founder Randall Smith was originally inspired by ‘50s Tweed amps. He appreciated their organic-sounding voice, powerful controls, and smooth clean-to-clip transitioning. The California Tweed 6V6 4:40 pays homage to Randall’s original inspiration, delivering Tweed-based performance and authentic 6V6 character.
Built in the USA to rock hard — and reliably
Mesa/Boogie has been handbuilding some of the most sought-after guitar gear in Petaluma, California, since the late ’60s. Early fans of Mesa/Boogie gear include Carlos Santana and Keith Richards, guitarists whose tones have been chased by countless musicians for years. When you plug into the California Tweed 6V6 4:40, you’re tapping into decades of innovation. The guitarists at Sweetwater appreciate the top-notch sound and construction you get in the California Tweed 6V6 4:40.
An endless array of power options
Mesa’s Patented Incremental Multi-Watt power amp, featuring Duo-Class and Dyna-Watt technologies, provides five power, two operating-class, and three wiring options. And you can access everything via a single 5-way power switch!
- 40 watts — 4 x 6V6 Class A/B Pentode
- 30 watts — 2 x 6V6 Class A/B Triode + 2x6V6 Class A/B Pentode
- 20 watts — 2 x 6V6 Class A/B Pentode
- 10 watts — 2 x 6V6 Class A/B Triode
- 2 watts — 1 x 6V6 Triode + 1x6V6 Pentode, Single-ended Class A Parallel
Mesa/Boogie California Tweed 6V6 4:40 Combo Features:
- A 6V6-loaded 1×12-inch combo amp with Tweed-based performance
- Multi-Watt power amp with Duo-Class and Dyna-Watt technologies yields 5 power, 2 operating class, and 3 wiring options
- Normal and Low inputs give you a stylistic choice of voicings
- Boasts a 3-band EQ and Gain, Presence, Reverb, and Master controls
- All-tube, long-tank spring reverb adds dimension to your playing
- Fully buffered, series tube effects loop for integrating your pedals and processors
- Number of Channels:Single Channel
- Total Power:40W Class AB Pentode (2W, 10W, 20W, 30W settings), Triode, Single-Ended Class A settings
- Speaker Size:1 x 12″ Jensen Blackbird Alnico
- Preamp Tubes:5 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7
- Power Tubes:4 x Mesa 6V6
- Reverb:Tube-driven, Spring Reverb
- EQ:3-band EQ, Presence
- Inputs:2 x 1/4″ (normal, low)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4″ (8 ohm internal speaker), 2 x 1/4″ (4 ohm external speakers)
- Effects Loop:Buffered
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4″ (reverb)
- Footswitch Included:No
- Construction Material:Baltic Birch Cabinet, Cream Bronco Vinyl with Cream/Tan Weave Grille
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:49 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:1.TW.CCM.J