Yamaha MX88 Piano Touch And Synth Sound
The MX88 features a Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action. GHS weighted action has a heavier response in the low keys and a lighter response in the high keys. This provides realistic acoustic piano touch and response. Special matte black key tops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use, perfect for long practice or performance sessions.
FULL CONCERT GRAND PIANO VOICE
The Full Concert Grand piano in the MX88 comes directly from the MOTIF series. With a powerful focused low-end, highly detailed midrange and pristine high-end, the Full Concert Grand piano is perfect for any style of music in any environment.
Don’t sacrifice sound for portability – get the MX88! The MX88 is a lightweight and portable music synthesizer with 88 full-sized, touch-sensitive keys and over 1,000 Voices from the legendary MOTIF.
OPTIMIZED TOUCH CURVE
Uniting the GHS action with the Full Concert grand piano Voice is an optimized touch curve. This curve provides the player with a high level of expression, realism and dynamic. This is only possible in an instrument designed by Yamaha, a manufacturer of world-class concert grand pianos for over 100 years.
SOUNDS FOR THE MODERN PIANO PLAYER
Beyond acoustic piano, the MX88 features an impressive selection of keyboard Voices. Choose from authentic re-creations of classic tine and reed electric pianos or retro tonewheel organs with rotary speaker effect. There are also punchy and percussive Clav sounds when you want to get funky. This wide variety of sounds makes the MX88 perfect for the stage, studio or worship service.
MOTIF SOUND ENGINE
The MOTIF Sound Engine is a powerful synthesizer technology for making sound. MOTIF Sound Engine Voices consist of up to eight Elements. These Elements can be layered for a thick, fat sound or zoned so a different Element plays in different parts of the keyboard. You can also switch between Elements by velocity for extreme dynamics or randomize Elements for anything from subtle variation to experimental sound.
128 notes of polyphony ensure dropout-free performance playing live or with full 16-track sequences.
The MX88 is more than a great-sounding synthesizer. The MX88 can work with iOS applications, DAW software and software synthesizers on Mac and PC.
- The MX88 is more than a great-sounding synthesizer; it’s the hub of your studio!
- The MX88 is USB audio and MIDI class-compliant, letting you record and playback stereo audio to and from your computer or iOS device. This is perfect when recording the MX88 into your DAW and listening to your mixes through speakers or headphones.
- The MX88 does more than connect to your DAW, it’s also a dedicated control surface. Use the onboard transport controls with your DAW and interact with plug-in parameters via the control knobs. There are dozens of built-in Remote Control Templates for interacting with popular softsynths and plug-ins, giving your software a hardware feel.
- With DAW remote control capabilities, there’s also a 16-channel MIDI interface for using the MX88 as both a keyboard controller and tone generator.
- The MX88 is the perfect recording centerpiece.
Cubasis LE2 is the compact version of Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad®, providing the same look and feel of its bigger brother Cubasis. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis LE2 makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Cubasis LE2 places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening a new world of possibilities for your creativity.