Tech 21 SansAmp Character Plus – Fuzzy Brit
The original SansAmp Character Series was introduced in 2008. These pedals commemorated a range of eras within specific amplifier personalities, of which there were 8 in total. By simply twisting a few knobs, you could build the most sought-after tones and hot rod your own. From rare vintage classics to roaring modern icons, every variation was delivered in their own distinctive voicings.
We wanted to broaden the range of tonal options and took that concept a step further to include additional building blocks. Because there’s a certain chemistry between specific pairings that will forever be a part of history. Think Ralph & Alice. Fred & Wilma. Lucy & Ricky. Abbott & Costello. Bonnie & Clyde. They all made a lot of noise and they all had a lot of fun!
With an abundance of knob controls, the 2-channel Character Plus Series pedals are easy to use. You can explore and tailor various eras within each amp style simply by turning a knob. Each continuously-variable Character control sweeps through an entire tonal range, spanning decades of sounds. The Character, EQ controls and speaker simulation are individually voiced to reflect the specific personality traits inherent in each amp style.
Featuring built-in speaker/cab sim, the 100% analog SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation technology encompasses the entire signal chain, from pre-amp to power amp to speaker simulation. An integral part of the circuitry, the SansAmp speaker simulation will complement any type of guitar or bass speaker cabinet system. You can also place an external IR after a SansAmp to give additional flavor if you so desire. The SansAmp speaker sim is designed and individually tailored for a smooth, even response as would be achieved by a multiply-miked cabinet –without peaks, valleys, and notches associated with single miking and many IRs.
Additionally, each of these multi-function pedals is like having a stompbox within a stompbox. (BOGO anyone?) You can use the amp emulation on its own or just the effect on its own.
The Character Plus Series pedals offer significant flexibility and value at a nominal price. Whether you’re frugal or extravagant, you can focus on the one that is your personal favorite or collect them all –and trade them with your friends!
The Character Plus Series celebrates the unique chemistry between specific historic amplifiers and specific historic pedals, and cleverly unites them together in single packages:
- Screaming Blonde = Fender-style Tube Screamer-style
- English Muffy = HiWatt-style Big Muff-style
- Fuzzy Brit = Marshall-style Fuzz Face-style
- Mop Top Liverpool = Vox-style Rangemaster Booster-style
Fuzzy Brit = Marshall-style Fuzz Face-style
Range of Character Settings:
• Below 12 o’clock brings you the Bluesbreaker/JTM45-style era of British blues– warm, overdriven tone with the characteristic bulldog bite.
• Nearing 12 o’clock takes you into the Plexi range with a noticeable throatiness in the mids.
• Above 12 o’clock gets you the classic presence boost of the ‘70s Metalface.
• Full up it goes to 11. That’s right, 11.
Independent Fuzz Section:
• FUZZ to adjust the overall amount of fuzz.
• TONE is a very musical, specialized low pass filter that allows you to remove the high end without losing mids or getting muddy.