Tech 21 Cali Fly Rig 5
Out of stock
Tech 21 Cali Fly Rig 5
Tech 21’s popular Fly Rig Series has a new addition: the Fly Rig 5-CALI. The CALI’s distortion section is based upon their CALI/US Metal SansAmp Character Series pedals, which were inspired by amps in the mid ‘70s from the then-boutique shop over on the West Coast.
While those hulking stacks are known to sound best at ear-bleed levels, the CALI section can painlessly transform your sound at the kick of a switch. You can completely change the personality of a clean amp tone or use it as an instant mod with a dirty amp tone. Engaging the Boost function is like having an extra “12AX7” pre-amp gain stage. Activated via its own footswitch, you can kick in up to 21dB of pre-amp boost. The range allows you to go from a state of mild overdrive to insane gain. Boost also operates independently to punch up any of the other functions.
The other features are the same as the original Fly Rig 5. At its heart, is the all-analog SansAmp™, which makes it possible to go direct to a PA or mixer. Effects include a reverb voiced to create the rich ambiance of a vintage spring reverb, and a delay with tap tempo and adjustable tape drift-style modulation for authentic textures.
Less than 12 in. long and weighing just over 18 oz., this sleek, compact unit embodies an entire rig you can just pop into a guitar case.
- SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
- Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
- Boost, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures. A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
- All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel.
- Get 5 “must-have” gigging pedals for 1/3 the cost at 1/3 the size, without sacrificing pro quality tone
- All-metal housing in gunmetal finish
- Metal footswitches and jacks
- 1/4-in. high-impedance input
- 1/4-inch low impedance output
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators
- Utilizes included “auto-switching” 12V DC power supply. Self-adjusts to 100V-240V. It can be used anywhere in the world with the proper plug/travel adapter for the host country
- The Fly Rig 5 is shipped with 4 knob grippers, one on each Level control
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.