Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900 Semi-modular Analog Synthesizer
A Love Letter to the Analog Monosynth
A modern, semi-modular synthesizer inspired by the instruments designed by our heroes. The Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900 takes a new approach to building a raw, analog monosynth with a host of unconventional and inspirational features. Patch cables optional.
Creative Synthesis Design
With our new temperature stabilized, dual VCA oscillator core, the analog audio engine of the Microvolt 3900 feeds a set of timbrel waveshapers crafted for deep harmonic shaping, enabling a layer of additive synthesis alongside the classic subtractive synthesis waveforms. Waveforms are fed into our binary filter, a custom state variable filter architecture offering near infinite resonance with or without self-oscillation. Sonically this creates a juicy, fluid filter adding depth and energy to the oscillator that can scream if you ask it to.
The heart of the Microvolt 3900’s sound is our new dynamic VCA technology. Where a standard VCA works in two dimensions, the Microvolt 3900 dynamic VCA technology adds a third dimension. As the dynamic VCA closes, decreasing the amplitude, harmonics are removed from the source. As the dynamic VCA opens, the harmonics are restored. This mimics the behavior of sounds in nature. The result is a lively, organic sounding synthesizer full of energy. The design of the dynamic VCA also allows the instrument to be plucked or struck, opening up another set of percussive musical possibilities.
Microvolt 3900 Highlights
- Voltage controlled West Coast style wavefolder.
- Switchable harmonically rich sine wave.
- External preamp with independent 30x gain and output level controls.
- Classic Pittsburgh Modular low pass filter with extended resonance.
- Dynamic VCA with standard VCA and dynamic low pass gate modes.
- Variable overdrive on output.
- Multi-mode sequencing arpeggiator.
- Chaotic random CV and gate generator.
- Multi-tasking function generator works as a voltage controlled envelope, LFO, and oscillator.
- Highly tuned ADSR envelope generator.
- 39-point Eurorack format compatible patch bay.
|Audio Interface Type|
|Sound pressure level|
|Max. Input Power|
|Audio frequency bandwidth|