Mesa Boogie CabClone IR Cab Simulator 8 Ohm
Skip the Mics Without Skimping on Tone
Get the sound of Mesa/Boogie’s renowned speaker cabinets in a portable unit with the Cab Clone IR reactive load box and IR cabinet simulator. Featuring four Mesa/Boogie cab presets in 16 miking configurations and the ability to upload third-party IRs, the Cab Clone IR gives you access to limitless cab combinations for unprecedented tone-crafting. Take it onstage to dial up cranked amp tones at venue-appropriate volumes. Use it in the studio to get perfect sounding guitar recordings effortlessly. Or, plug in a set of headphones for silent practice sessions that sound like an amp— a feature guitarists at Sweetwater really appreciate! With the Clone Cab IR, you get all the convenience of a cabinet simulator with unmatched Mesa/Boogie tone. It’s a killer combination!
Take command of an epic cab arsenal
The Cab Clone IR is packed with 16 factory-loaded IRs taken from Mesa/Boogie’s deep roster of industry-leading guitar cabinets. You have instant access to the Rectifier’s distinctive mid-range punch, the Thiele’s beefy low-end, the Lone Star’s creamy harmonics, and the California Tweed’s smooth vintage voice.
The Cab Clone IR features IRs of these classic cabs in two configurations: a “Live” configuration, recorded with a dynamic mic and ribbon mic combo, and a “Studio” configuration that swaps out the dynamic mic with a condenser mic for a more detailed “hi-fi” sound. A 2-bank A/B switch and 8-position “Cab Select” makes flipping between IRs a breeze.
And for even more options, the Cab Clone IR is compatible with third-party and custom IRs. Just load them into the unit’s “Cabinet Library” space via USB to build an epic cab arsenal out of your own cabs and your dream cabs! And you can take them all on stage with you without having to lug a host of heavy cabinets to the venue.
Exceptional performance, live and in the studio
Guitarists at Sweetwater know there’s nothing more satisfying than the sound of a wide-open amp, but, in a small venue, that kind of volume can make your audience’s ears bleed and send them running towards the door. With the Cab Clone IR, you can have that tremendous dimed tone, but at an audience-friendly volume. Just patch it into the venue’s console and let the sound guy match the level to the room. Still want to use your live cab for stage monitoring? No problem. Send an unprocessed signal to your amp in parallel from the live speaker cabinet output jack and get the best of both worlds.
Cab Clone IR is also an excellent solution for home recordists struggling to capture their amp’s tone in a less than ideal recording environment. The Cab Clone IR gives you the big studio sound you’re looking for without the need for extensive acoustical treatment and hours spent finding the perfect mic positions.
Mesa/Boogie Cab Clone IR Reactive Load Box and Cab Simulator Features:
- Stunningly realistic IR cabinet simulator
- Output to recording interfaces, consoles, or headphones
- Four factory-loaded Mesa/Boogie cabinet presets: Rectifier, Thiele, Lone Star, & California Tweed
- Load third-party and custom IRs into the unit’s “Cabinet Library” via USB
- Sixteen miking configurations in “live” and “studio” styles
- Two 1/4” input jacks (From Amp Speaker Output and Line/Instrument In)
- One 1/4” “TO SPKR” live cabinet output jacket sends an unprocessed signal to your live speaker
- MIDI IN and THRU expand control of the unit
- Includes tall rubber feet that clear most handles for top-of-amp placement
- Type:Reactive Load
- Power Handling:150W Max
- Impedance:8 ohms
- Ground Lift:Yes
- Polarity Switch:Yes
- Inputs:1 x 1/4″ (Hi-Z/line), 1 x 1/4″ (powered signal in)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4″ (to speaker), 1 x XLR (DI out), 1 x 1/4″ (dry line out)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4″
- Other I/O:MIDI In, MIDI Thru, USB Type B
- Features:16 x Built-in Cabinet IRs, Download/Store additional IR Cabinets
- Power Source:18V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:3 lbs. 4 oz.
- Manufacturer Part Number:AC.CCIR8