Dave Smith Tetra
Dave Smith Tetra
Four Multitimbral Voices of Analog Power
Tetra takes the award-winning sound and features of Mopho, multiplies them by four, and packs them in a box less than half an inch larger!
Tetra has multiple personalities. It is a four-voice, analog poly synth, a sort of “mini Prophet.” It’s a four-part, multitimbral synth with separate outputs, essentially four Mophos in one very compact box. And it’s a voice expander for other Tetras or the Prophet ’08.
- Affordable, fully programmable poly synth with a 100% analog signal path.
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filter.
- Four-part multitimbral capability with four separate outputs.
- Combo Mode for huge unison patches, stacked sequences, and “modular-style” poly sounds.
- Expandable: poly chain with other Tetras, Prophet ’08, and Mopho for expanded polyphony
- Just 7.9″ x 5″ (20.07 cm x 12.7 cm).
Outside the Box
Under the Hood
Tetra a la Mode
This One Goes to 12…and 16
- Multitimbral four-voice analog synthesizer
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators per voice (sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, square with variable pulse width) with hard sync
- White noise generator
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) per voice, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay) per voice
- Four LFOs per voice
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down) per voice
- Feedback loop per voice with programmable level and gain
- Four assignable performance controls per program
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Fully programmable (free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows)
- 512 programs organized into four banks of 128; 128 combos
- I/O: USB 2.0 (type B receptacle)
- MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, Poly Chain Out
- Audio Outs 1/Left, 2/Right, 3, and 4 (1/4″ unbalanced), 1/4″
- Headphone out