OGRE Thunderclap Distortion
Based on the exterior design of powerful image as you can see from the name on it, the Thunderclap distortion from OGRE has a wide tone spectrum from the boost, crunch tone, overdrive, to soft & heavy distortions, which creates more expression than you can imagine reliving worry to guitar players while selecting a distortion effect pedal.
It is the first Special Edition model on OGRE effect pedal line-up.
① Level (marked L on the knob) : Controls the output volume. The volume would become higher when turned clockwise.
② Bass (marked B on the knob) : The lower freq. sound will be boosted when turned clockwise.
③ Treble (marked T on the knob) : The higher freq. sound will be boosted when turned clockwise.
④ Gain (marked G on the knob) : Controls gain level. When it is turned clockwise, the rougher distortion tone with longer sustain is produced.
⑤ LED Display : When effect works, LED will be turned on. During bypass, LED will be turned off.
⑥ Pedal Switch : The pedal-type switch for operating effect on/off.
⑦ Input Jack : The input terminal connecting the plug from the cable which is connected to a guitar
※ Take the plug out while not using the plug, or the battery will be drained up as the input jack also works as a power switch.
⑧ Adapter Jack : The terminal which is connected to the AC adapter
※ The AC adapter should be the 9V adapter for pedal use only or the 9V adapter with a constant voltage output method. Besides, you should also check the center is – (minus).
⑨ Output Jack : The output terminal which is connected to an amp or other effect pedal.
⑩ Battery Cover : Battery change by opening the cover
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
1) High gain distortion with more powerful output level than other distortion pedals
2) The case with unique design which secures powerful durability by an die casting method
3) Adopting true by-pass method which delivers signals without hurting sound quality when effect becomes off
4) Effect on/off switching run by a pedal not a metal knob on a mechanical switch
5) Effect-on display using two blue LED windows with high visibility
6) Controlling internal noise after dividing the power supply part and the active part on effect by two boards
7) Arranging the input / output jack onto upper direction in order to make the best use of pedal board space
8) Adopting the original design knob which is convenient for controlling tone and volume
9) The hand-made effect pedal produced after thorough quality control.
■ Controls : Level / Bass / Treble / Gain
■ Connectors : Input / Output / DC input
■ Effect on : Press the pedal switch to turn on the effect(the LED indicator lights up)
■ Input Impedance : 1MΩ
■ Output Impedance : ~ 50KΩ
■ Power Consumption : 13 mA (Power on)
■ Power Supply : DC 9V 006P / 9V(constant voltage) AC adapter (center minus plug)
■ Dimensions : 117mm(W) x 149mm(D) x 71mm(H)
■ Weight : 616.5g (without battery)
Thunderclap Distortion and Tubeholic Overdrive w/ Dan Mumm
The Latest Ogre Thunderclap Distortion video by ATS Records