JBL PRX 835
Compatible with HARMAN Connected PA
The PRX800 series integrates embedded ioSYS technology which enables easier setup and control when used with the HARMAN Connected PA app and compatible products. Connected PA delivers seamless plug-and-play operation with a variety of HARMAN equipment and enables you to control your entire live sound system with one app. Products within the Connected PA system self-identify and retain presets for effortless setup, and setup wizards help you quickly optimize speaker levels, configuration settings and EQ. Current products with embedded ioSYS technology and HARMAN Connected PA compatibility include the Ui24R mixer, JBL PRX800 loudspeakers, dbx Di1 direct boxes, and AKG P5i microphones. Learn more about HARMAN Connected PA.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue
- JBL Differential Drive® transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior
- Integrated 12 x M10 Suspension Points
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility
- dbx Type IV™ limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance
- This speaker is ideally suited to applications where the program material exhibits subtlety and nuance. Perfectly capable of reproducing high fidelity full range sound without a subwoofer, when coupled with the extended low frequencies of the PRX818XLF, complete control over the entire audio spectrum is attained. As with all the full-range PRX800 Series systems, two EQ selections can be used to optimize the system for the program material and/or environment. The input section also accommodates either Line or Mic/Instrument level inputs.
- The PRX835 is a self-powered, lightweight three-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a wide bandwidth with remote Wi-Fi control of onboard DSP EQ parameters. The PRX835 is comprised of one 15 in 275G Differential Drive® woofer, a 165 mm (6.5 in) 196H horn-loaded mid-range and a 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by a 1500 watt Audio Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- All PRX800 cabinets are built from 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. The PRX835 feautres a standard 35mm pole cup that will work with most speaker poles and tripods. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. Each.
- The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
|System Type||Self Powered 15”, three-way, bass-reflex|
|Maximum SPL Output||138 dB peak|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB):||Normal: 35 Hz – 20 kHz Boost: 34 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Frequency Response (±3 dB)||Normal: 42 Hz – 20 kHz Boost: 39 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Input Connectors||2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input|
|Input Impedance||20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced)|
|Signal Indicators||Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting
Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
Power: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio.
|EQ||User selectable presets for Normal or Boost, Advanced EQ settings available using Wi-Fi and PRX Connect application.|
|Dynamic Control (Input)||dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit|
|Crossover Frequency||580 Hz, 2.1 kHz|
|Design||Highly efficient Class-D amplifier|
|Power Rating||1500W (750W x 2)|
|AC Power Input||100V – 240V ~ 50/60 Hz|
|LF Driver||1 x JBL 275G 380 mm (15 in) woofer|
|MF Driver||1 x JBL 196H 165 mm (6.5 in) horn-loaded midrange transducer|
|HF Driver||1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5”) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver|
|Coverage Pattern||90° x 50° nominal|
|Directivity Index (DI)||10.5 dB|
|Directivity Factor (Q)||11.2|
|Enclosure||Trapezoidal, 18 mm, plywood|
|Suspension / Mounting||12 M10|
|Transport||2 x integrated handles with injection molded backing cup|
|Finish||Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish|
|Grille||Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||938 mm x 446 mm x 539 mm
(36.9 in x 17.5 in x 21.2 in)
|Net Weight||32.38 kg (71.4 lb)|
|Gross Weight||38.6 kg (85.0 lb)|