Zoom A1X Four
A1 FOUR/A1X FOUR
FOR ACOUSTIC GUITAR, SAXOPHONE, TRUMPET, VIOLIN, HARMONICA, ACOUSTIC BASS, AND MORE
LEGENDARY ZOOM EFFECTS
With specially engineered effects, built-in looper and drum machine, the A1/A1X FOUR is the first Multi-Effects Processor designed for a variety of acoustic string and wind instruments.
Popular effects such as Distortion, Chorus and Wah are typically designed to work with the electric guitar. The A1/A1X FOUR provide all-new effects that are engineered to process the unique signals generated by acoustic instruments.
For example, with the sax and trumpet, original acoustic sounds are controlled by the musician blowing the horn with more or less intensity. As an example, the Wah effects are uniquely re-voiced in the A1/A1X FOUR by adding a Low Pass Filter (LPF) to best control the processed frequency response of the instrument. This allows musicians to hit the peak frequency points while still blowing naturally into the instrument, without losing any expected sonic response of attack and release.
Another example is the violin. The bowing attack is key to the expression of the violinist. To recreate the electrified sensation of distortion without losing the bowing attack, the DIST effect for Violin shifts the clipping 1 octave higher, boosts the high frequency and reduces the lows. This creates a more balanced saturation that suits the sonic characteristics of the violin.
- A1 FOUR offers over 80 built-in effects / A1X FOUR offers over 90 built-in effects
- Dedicated effects for acoustic guitar, saxophone, trumpet, violin, and harmonica
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Looper for recording up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns tailored for unplugged styles of music can be used in combination with the Looper
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- A1 FOUR and A1X FOUR runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 18 hours; MAA-1 Requires 2 AA batteries
- USB port for firmware updates, power and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab
*Manufacturer names and product names mentioned in this presentation are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners and do not indicate any affiliation with ZOOM CORPORATION. All product and artist names are intended only to illustrate sonic characteristics that were used as reference in the development of this product.
A1 FOUR/A1X FOUR
|MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SIMULTANEOUS EFFECTS||5|
|SAMPLING FREQUENCY||44.1 kHz|
|A/D CONVERSION||24-bit, 128× oversampling|
|D/A CONVERSION||24-bit, 128× oversampling|
|DISPLAY||128×32 dot matrix LCD|
|INPUT||Standard mono phone jack Rated input level: -20 dBuInput impedance (line): 470 kΩ|
|AUX IN||Stereo mini jack Rated input level: -10 dBuInput impedance (line): 1kΩ|
|OUTPUT||Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphone) Maximum output level: Line +2 dBu (10 kΩ or more output impedance)Headphones 17 mW + 17 mW (32Ω load)|
|NOISE FLOOR (RESIDUAL NOISE)||-97 dBu|
|POWER||AC adapter: 9V DC 500mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16) 4 AA batteries (about 18 hours continuous operation time when using alkaline batteries with the LCD backlight off)|
|USB||USB MIDI, USB Micro-B Power can also be supplied through the USB port.When using a cable designed only for power, other USB functions cannot be used.|
|EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS||A1 FOUR Height: 156 mm (D) × 130 mm (W) × 42 mm (H)Weight: 340 g (excluding batteries)A1X FOUR Height: 156 mm (D) × 216 mm (W) × 52 mm (H)Weight: 610 g (excluding batteries)|
|INPUT||INPUT XLR balanced input (2: hot) Input gain: +3 – +30 dBInput impedance: 10 kΩMaximum input level: +4 dBu+48V phantom power|
|OUTPUT||Standard mono phone jack Nominal output level: −20 dBuMaximum output level: +7 dBuOutput impedance: 1 kΩ|
|POWER||2 AA batteries Continuous operation time (when phantom current is 3 mA) About 15 hours (using alkaline batteries) About 15 hours (using nickel metal hydride batteries)|
|EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS||Height: 177 mm (D) × 23 mm (W) × 25 mm (H) Weight : 70 g (excluding batteries) 0 dBu = 0.775 V|