18 in. Self-Powered Subwoofer System
Compact and powerful, the PRX618S offers the performance of an 18″ subwoofer in a package not much larger than a typical 15″ sub.
- Maximum SPL 129 db peak
- 460 mm (18 in) Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 600 Watt Class-D, Crown® digital amplifier
- Professional XLR line and ¼” Mic/Instrument inputs
- Stereo input and Loop-Thru capability
- Top panel 36mm pole mount socket for sub/satellite configuration
- 16 Gauge, dent resistant grille
- Obsidian DuraFlex™ coated plywood construction
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort
- Compact and powerful, the PRX618S offers the performance of an 18″ subwoofer in a package not much larger than a typical 15″ sub. With a pole receptacle (that accepts a SS3-BK or SS3-BK24) on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter, this is the perfect compliment to the PRX600 full-range systems. Configured with a PRX612M or PRX615M the result is a highly transportable, high performance subs/satellite system. The addition of a polarity reverse options further enables integration with any top cabinet.
- The PRX618S is a high performance self powered compact subwoofer system. The PRX618S is comprised of a 268G 460 mm (18″) Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer driven by a Crown Class-D power amplifier. The amplifier input panel offers stereo or mono line level inputs via balanced XLR connectors as well as a single channel speaker level input via a ¼ inch TS phone jack. Signal processing, crossover functionality and limiting for the system is integrated into the input section functionality. Overall subwoofer input sensitivity is controlled by a single easy grip knob and a simple switch enables polarity reversal for sub/satellite system optimization. Signal present and limit lights indicate performance status.
- All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.
- Special note: JBL highly recommends that no more than 70 lbs of weight be placed on a speaker pole that is mounted to a PRX618S or PRX618S-XLF.
|System Type||Self-Powered 18″,
bass – reflex
|Maximum SPL Output||129 dB peak|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||41 Hz – 130 Hz|
|Frequency Response (±3 dB)||50 Hz – 100 Hz|
|Polarity||Normal or reverse polarity|
|Crossover Frequency||120 Hz|
|Amp Design||Crown® Class D|
|Power Rating||600 W|
|Dimension (H x W x D)||685.8 mm x 530.9 mm x 614.7 mm ( 27.0 in x 20.9 in x 24.2 in )|
|Net Weight||32 kg ( 70.5 lb )|