Greer Amps Tone Smuggler
The Greer Tone Smuggler has perplexed users for years…and not in a bad way. This pedal uses two stages of class A JFET gain to produce beautiful texture, overdrive, and distortion. The Tone Smuggler has a broad range of tones in it. It simply sounds like your amp, plus front end gain, pushing the preamp into tonal heaven. The Gain control can take you from clean to screaming distortion–almost fuzz-like. The Tone control sweeps from dark and slightly muffled (think smooth and buttery), to brighter than your normal amp settings, for that kerrang that guitarists all love. The Volume control allows a huge amount of boost–if you’re looking for a pedal that can do boost, overdrive, and distortion that borders on fuzz, this is your pedal.
- On tour with Peter Stroud, Jay Gonzalez (Drive-By Truckers), Jake (Death on Two Wheels), Casey Meyer (Jim Quick and Coastline), Death On Two Wheels, John Hurtt, Alex Weeden (Miranda Lambert), Kent Dowling, and MANY other guitarists!
- 2 stages of Class A JFET gain
- Tones ranging from clean boost to distortion, bordering on fuzz
- Sounds like an extension of your current guitar and amp rig
- Sensitive to pick attack and volume control settings
- Clean amps tend to make this pedal sound cleaner, easily overdriven amps tend to make this pedal sound more gnarly
- True Bypass
- Uses 9-Volt battery or standard neg. center, 2.1mm power supply
- Built with top quality components
- Lifetime Warranty to the original owner
- Pedals are currently built to order, and will ship within 1-2 weeks your order and payment